Pet Obedience Classes – 6 week blocks of classes £48
Following on from puppy class – these classes are suitable for dogs from 6 months old to 16 years old (and beyond!). We aim to develop the skills needed to have a well rounded pet with a few extra cleaver bits thrown in! If, for whatever reason your dog can’t perform some of these tasks then we adapt the tasks rather than prevent a dog making progress so don’t worry if you have greyhound who can’t sit – they can still achieve each award.
Our Beginners Class
IMDT Partnership level 1
- 100m loose lead walking inc. a left, a right and an about turn, starting with, finishing with and with a sit in the middle
- handling – ears, eyes, mouth, 4 paws, abdomen and tail by a stranger
- recall from 50m
- 30s Sit
- 60s Down
- Trick roll over / spin / speak / bow
- cone search for toy and retrieve
Our Intermediate Class
IMDT Partnership Level 2
- 200m loose lead walk inc. 3 right, 3 left and 3 about turns, start in a sit, have a stand mid way and finish in a down
- clear jump – dog to jump on command and sit until owner rejoins
- 3 x 30m recalls, 1 including emergency stop
- 1 min sit
- 2 min down
- 3 tricks performed for 3 repetitions
- cone search for toy (10 cones)
Our Advanced Class
IMDT Partnership Level 3
- A choreographed heelwork routine including at least one sit, down and stand and slow time and trot as well as walk and at least one right, left and about turn
- A small agility course including 3 jumps a tunnel with a sit, stand or down wait at the start
- A 30m recall down temptation alley
- 2 min stay with a change of position on command at 1 min between sit and down.
- Choreographed trick routine of 5 different tricks.
- Scent discrimination between 3 cloths – retrieval of the cloth bearing the owners scent.